Merry Christmas!

by Josh on December 24, 2005 · 9 comments

in Journal

My Christmas wish for all of you:

A cozy fire,
A delicious meal,
and joyful moments with the people you love.

Christmas Tree

Merry Christmas!

Jenne December 24, 2005 at 4:59 pm

I love the quilt in the background! And your tree! :)

Elsie December 24, 2005 at 5:57 pm

truly lovely scene! Do you happen to have a closer picture of your quilt? Did you make it?

Laurie December 25, 2005 at 2:14 am

Hi, I’m trying to set up a site of my own for renovation updates, and can’t figure out how to change the CSS style sheet to have the banner I’ve created…I can figure out how to get rid of the old one…but getting the new one is proving to be tricky…how’d you do it? What’s the code you used?

Josh December 26, 2005 at 10:33 pm

Hi Jenne & Elsie, thanks for noticing the quilt on our wall. Quilters yourselves, perhaps?

I wish we could take credit for making the quilt. My wife is an excellent at knitting and crocheting, but neither of us is a quilter.

The quilt was a gift to me from my wife on our second anniversary. Apparently “cotton” is a traditional second anniversary gift, so she thought that was a good excuse to buy a quilt she’d had her eye on at a pottery shop near her old office downtown. The quilt was made by the shopkeeper’s sister, and we think it is just lovely.

I’ll try to post a close-up photo of the quilt soon.

Josh December 27, 2005 at 12:10 pm

Laurie, I’m no CSS expert, but I’ll offer you some help privately via email.

Jenne January 4, 2006 at 1:53 pm

You could say I’m a quilter..:) Rob and I moved to Nebraska because I’m hoping to get my Master’s in Textile History. And in the process we ended up with our old house…and the rest is history :)

Josh January 4, 2006 at 3:38 pm

What an interesting field of study!

Elsie January 12, 2006 at 8:04 pm

I sew and knit, but don’t quilt (yet). I’ve done piecing and tying so I’m close. With my first grandchild coming, who knows? Perhaps my inspirations will become fruitful. I have been actively making paper quilts with my preschoolers this year. Great math and color experience!