A Finish To Strip

by Josh on February 22, 2006 · 0 comments

in Bedroom,Projects

I’m still working on stripping the paint from the door to the south upstairs bedroom. My setup in the garage worked great, but the Silent Paint Remover had a hard time with the primer coat on the unvarnished door.

I followed the Speedheater manual’s suggestion to wipe an 80/20 mixture of boiled linseed oil and mineral spirits over the old primer. In fact, I put a coat of the mixture on the door yesterday and another coat on today, just for good measure. It feels a little weird to apply a finish in order to strip the finish off, but I’m hopeful it will work to loosen that primer.

Tomorrow, after the linseed oil mixture has dried, I’ll try to hit the door with the Silent Paint Remover again to see if this treatment had any effect. I’ve got a full schedule this week, so if I find an hour for this before Friday, I’ll be pleased.

Leave a Comment

Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. You can also subscribe without commenting.

Previous post:

Next post: