Every little bit of progress helps, right? The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step, and all that.
I have been so busy with work over the past few weeks that my project time has been ridiculously limited. Still, I have made some progress worth noting. Namely, I have finished removing the old drywall in the bedroom upstairs and I am plugging away ever so slowly on my window sash restoration.
Speaking of the bedroom project, a rebranding is in order. For weeks, I’ve been privately referring to that room as the nursery, and it is time the website reflected the name I actually use for the space. That’s right, we’re expecting a second child in January and this room will eventually be his bedroom. From now on the project room formerly known as the south upstairs bedroom will be referred to as the nursery. Obviously my preferred deadline for finishing the nursery remodel is the baby’s arrival, but we’ll surely have the crib in our room for a few months anyway, so I have a fall-back completion date in early spring. We’re very excited for the baby’s arrival and I’m starting to get nervous about finishing the room on time.