The lemon trees I’ve been growing from seeds saved while making lemon gelato in the summer of 2006 have finally gotten big enough to require staking. Because the saplings are on display inside the house, I bought some real plant staking tape that would look better than the strips of old t-shirts that I’ve used in the vegetable garden during the summer.
While rearranging my home office recently (trying to get a better signal for our public wifi connection) I realized the velcro-like plant staking tape would also work well as cable ties for all the wires coming off the back of my tired old Dell. Check it:
This was an easy, fast, and cheap way to fix the problem of tangled, overlong cables. Give it try! And tell me about your favorite creative solutions in the comments.