This fixture is almost exactly like the entry light, but without the canopy and tassle. I followed the identical procedure for restoring it as I did with that earlier fixture and it came out great in the end. The base layer of paint on this one was more tenacious than what I encountered last time and it took a bit of scraping to achieve completely clean brass.
After the advice I got on that earlier post, I also picked up a clear flame-shape bulb to put in the fixture. It looks much more “right” than a frosted incandescent or a compact fluorescent bulb.
There is one more of these lights over the stairs in the upper level hallway which is still waiting to be restored. I want to take care of that fixture, too, but first I need to get some more brass antiquing solution.