The Man On The Street

by Josh on April 15, 2008 · 7 comments

in Journal

I was playing with my older son on the front sidewalk a couple days ago when a guy walking by stopped to ask me about the neighborhood. It turns out he’s been looking at properties in the area and is thinking of buying a house just up the block from us.

Ms. Bungalow and I made a similar inquiry of some of our future neighbors before we bought Bungalow ’23, so I thought it was neat to be on the other side of the question. I started off by telling him about the nearby parks, walkable businesses, friendly neighbors, and relatively low airport noise for our part of town.

Then he says, “So that’s your place, right?” pointing at my house.

“Yeah,” I reply.

“It’s nice,” he says, “except for those pigeons crapping all over the roof.”

Me, through gritted teeth back to him: “Yeah, I’m working on that.”

Jennifer April 16, 2008 at 7:51 am

Grr…. run him out!

Sandy April 16, 2008 at 7:38 pm

Such a lack of manners!

fred@opc April 16, 2008 at 7:47 pm

at least he said ‘crapping’ — could’ve been worse 😉 just kidding.. that’s really funny tho.

We just discovered a new park about 15 minutes away from us that we really enjoy. It has a man-made dam that produces a 20ft. waterfall that’s about 100ft. wide. very cool.

Josh April 16, 2008 at 8:49 pm

@Jennifer & Sandy – Glad you see it my way. The block party could be a little more interesting this year…

@Fred – it actually was worse than “crapping” but I censored it for the blog. He subsequently apologized for using profanity in front of my kid. Classy.

ranty April 21, 2008 at 5:57 pm

LOL!!! Awwwwwwwwwwesome.

Josh April 22, 2008 at 11:55 pm

I thought you’d dig that one, Ranty. You’ve still got pigeons hanging out at your place, too, right?

ranty April 23, 2008 at 10:39 am

Have we ever! The H-block seems to house more pigeons (and squirrels) than it does humans these days.

My insurance agent actually told me that we had to do something about that (in addition to other things) in order to get off of the dreaded MN Fair Plan insurance… now to figure out what that “something” is!