As scheduled, my construction contractor arrived on Monday morning with his assistant to finish up the framing in my bedroom project. While they relocated a door frame and furred out rafters, I hauled away demolition material and kept my kids out of trouble.
After a few hours, the framing was finished and the room was ready for wiring work. In the two days since then, I have had a pair of electical estimates and I think I will get at least one estimate more before I commit. That process shouldn’t take more than a couple more days, so it won’t be long before I can report on the start of wiring.
Reaching this stage of the project (finally!) means I have also made a decision about “the closet that never was” that I mentioned back in April. Even though you readers– or at least those of you who post comments– preferred the secret room option, I have decided to make the space… a closet. By making this formerly unused space the new bedroom closet, the master bedroom closet on the other side of the room can be expanded to double its former size. After living without a closet of any kind in our bedroom for a couple years, a new bigger closet will be a welcome reward for completing this project.